Disclaimer: BetRivers online sportsbook is not currently available in Kansas. This review is speculative based on the BetRivers sportsbook app elsewhere. We’ll update the review when BetRivers launches here.
As legal sports betting inches closer to reality in Kansas, BetRivers Sportsbook is one of the names to be aware of. With top-of-the-line software and a solid reputation in a number of states already, BetRivers could be a prime option for betting if it launches in the state.
As an incentive, BetRivers will match new customers’ first deposits at a rate of 100% up to $500. To qualify, use the bonus code PLAYRIV.
In our testing, BetRivers offered a smooth interface and a variety of other features. Read on to learn more.
Reasons to choose BetRivers Sportsbook
- Initial deposit match up to $500.
- Quality sportsbook software.
- Excellent variety of player promos.
- Automatic enrollment in the iRush Rewards loyalty program.
When will BetRivers launch in Kansas?
The Kansas Legislature has voted to legalize sports betting, and Gov. Laura Kelly has signed that bill into law. Up next, the state will need to finalize regulations and the licensing process.
Once that happens, we should start to get a better idea of exactly when BetRivers might be available to Kansas sports bettors. Currently, there’s a chance for online sportsbooks to be available in the state in fall 2022. However, given how these things tend to work, early 2023 might be a more reasonable timeline.
BetRivers Sportsbook Kansas bonus code in September 2022
Deposit match up to $500 BetRivers will match your first deposit dollar-for-dollar up to $500 in betting credits when you use the code PLAYRIV.
|Online Sportsbook||BetRivers Sportsbook Kansas|
|BetRivers Kansas Bonus Code||PLAYRIV|
|Sign Up Bonus||100% deposit match up to $500|
|Best Feature||Daily house specials|
|Last Updated||September 2022|
How does the BetRivers Sportsbook bonus work?
Once you’ve created an account and entered the bonus code, head to the cashier and make your opening deposit. You must deposit at least $10 to qualify.
While technically, the bonus funds could take up to two days to land in your account, ours showed up instantly after we made our opening deposit. The matching funds will take the form of bet credits:
- Bet credits are non-withdrawable, but in most other ways they’re just like cash.
- You can wager them a dollar at a time, all at once or anything in between.
- You’ll need to meet a 1x playthrough requirement on the amount of the bonus to convert any winnings into cash.
- You may only use the bet credits on wagers with odds of -300 or higher. So, -305 would not be eligible, but -295 would be.
- Any credits that you don’t use will expire 30 days after you receive them.
While not the biggest welcome bonus in the Sunflower State, the BetRivers deposit match sign-up bonus is easily one of our favorites.
Current BetRivers Sportsbook promotions
BetRivers is a promo-friendly place for bettors. Just because you’ve already claimed the BetRivers Kansas welcome bonus doesn’t mean that the rewards are done. Here are a few of the promos that BetRivers offers on a rotating basis:
- Profit boosts: BetRivers offers a variety of profit boost tokens for things like NBA, NHL, MLB and NFL games. Many of these boosts give you one token to use on the bet of your choice.
- Free bets: Place certain wagers, and BetRivers gives you a free bet.
- House specials: What other books may refer to as odds boosts, BetRivers calls house specials. We found the boosts to be high quality and offer good variety.
- Parlay bonuses: BetRivers sometimes offers rewards for placing certain parlay bets. Check the promotions page for complete details.
How to create a BetRivers Sportsbook account in Kansas
Signing up for a BetRivers sports betting account is fairly easy. Here are the basic steps:
- Head to the BetRivers site, and select the state in which you will be playing.
- Select the join button in the top right corner.
- Fill out the necessary information, including your name, address and other info.
- After BetRivers Kansas verifies your details, create a username and password.
- Make your first deposit, and get ready to bet.
BetRivers Sportsbook Kansas app
If you have played on other sportsbook apps, you may be used to clunky UI and slow load times. The BetRivers app, however, has none of that. The user interface is intuitive, with simple organization and little clutter.
The graphics are solid, as well. Sleek and modern fonts and images adorn the app without becoming too distracting. Your betting slip is easy to find and easy to read, which is the most important thing about a well-designed sportsbook app.
Lastly, you can find all of the promos that BetRivers is running at the moment, right on the app. Click on the promos tab to see the full list. From there, place the appropriate bet to claim a bonus.
Best features of the BetRivers Sportsbook app
- User experience: Both the BetRivers sports betting website and app offer full functionality so you can experience the various features that the sportsbook offers.
- Promotions: After you’ve used up the welcome bonus, BetRivers has an array of additional promotions for existing customers.
- Welcome bonus: One of the best parts of the BetRivers welcome bonus is tracking your winnings. When you make your first deposit, the cashier will show two lines — one with “withdrawable” money and one with “Active bonus money.” We wish all sportsbooks were so user friendly.
How could BetRivers improve?
- Newsfeed: While we like a lot of what BetRivers does, the newsfeed is definitely one thing we have zero fondness for. It’s only visible on the BetRivers website, but it adds nothing except distraction, in our opinion.
- Customer service options: BetRivers does offer a live chat option on its website, but the hours are limited. On top of that, it doesn’t offer phone support.
- Variety of sports to bet on: While there are hundreds of betting options at BetRivers, some of the smaller sports like motocross and field hockey are not available for betting. If you are a lacrosse enthusiast, you may have to take your business elsewhere.
Types of bets at BetRivers online betting
Beyond simple moneyline bets, BetRivers offers wagers on long-term outcomes, crazy propositions and more. You can even bet live with odds that change depending on what’s happening in the game. Here’s a rundown of the main options:
- Moneylines: Bet on which team will win the game.
- Point spreads: To cover, or not to cover? Favorites must win by more than the spread number, while underdogs can win by any score or lose by less than the spread.
- Over/unders: BetRivers sets a line, and you pick if the final combined score of the game will be over or under that line.
- Parlays: Wager on multiple outcomes to all come true. If each of your bets is a winner, you stand to win several multiples of your initial wager. BetRivers also supports teaser and round-robin parlay bets.
- Prop bets: These bets can run the gamut, from simple wagers such as total strikeouts for a game’s starting pitcher to more crazy ones like how many points, rebounds and assists an NBA team will have in a game.
- Futures: Bet on end-of-season outcomes. You can wager on who will win the championship, but also take a look at some of the odds for awards like a league’s MVP.
- Live bets: Even if the game has already begun, you can still get in on the betting action with live betting. Follow the updating odds as the game progresses, and get your money in if you think you see favorable numbers.
Can you bet on Kansas State Wildcats at BetRivers Sportsbook?
Yes, you can bet on KSU, as well as the Wichita State Shockers and Kansas Jayhawks at BetRivers Sportsbook. While this might seem like a given, it’s actually anything but.
Bettors in New Jersey, for example, can’t bet on in-state college teams or even college games that take place in the state. Kansas appears set to allow such betting, though. In addition, you can also bet on Sporting KC, the state’s Major League Soccer team. And Missouri-based teams like the Kansas City Royals and Kansas City Chiefs are there for betting on, as well.
How to deposit and cash out on the BetRivers online sports betting
Depositing and cashing out money into your player account at BetRivers is fast and simple. That is the good news. The bad news is that, compared to some of its competitors, BetRivers offers a slightly smaller variety of banking options. You still should be able to find a method that works, however. Here is a rundown:
- Rivers Prepaid Card
The minimum deposit is $10. BetRivers imposes no fee for making deposits.
- BetRivers Prepaid Card
- ACH online banking
- Check by mail
BetRivers is working on adding PayPal to its payment processor list, as well.
How to contact BetRivers customer support
If there is one thing that BetRivers could improve upon, it would be its customer service. Offering a live chat option is nice, and when it is available you can usually get a quick answer. The problem is that it’s not available at all hours, so it might not be available when you need it.
The second issue is that there is no support phone number. This can be frustrating if you are looking for immediate assistance. If time is not as critical, you can send an email with your question or issue. Lastly, BetRivers has a robust and helpful FAQ section that should provide answers for most common questions.
Responsible gambling at BetRivers online sportsbook
If you feel that your gambling is becoming an issue, BetRivers has several measures in place for you to seek help. As at other sportsbook sites, you are able to set limits for yourself, including limits on the time and money you spend on the site.
Beyond that, you can also exclude yourself. This prevents you from accessing any of BetRivers’ services for a set length of time. As a final resort, you can fully delete your account and permanently ban yourself from BetRivers.
Check out the responsible gambling section of the BetRivers site for more details on all of these restrictions. You can find links and literature on gambling addiction there, as well.
Where is the BetRivers retail sportsbook in Kansas?
While there are in-person sportsbooks at Rivers Casino locations in states like Pennsylvania, New York and Illinois, the company does not currently have a retail sportsbook in Kansas. That may change with sports betting legalization moving forward, but we’ll have to wait and see.
Will BetRivers be the best sportsbook for Kansas sports bettors?
Picking the overall best sportsbook in a state is a challenge. While BetRivers may launch in Kansas, so may other stalwarts like DraftKings, FanDuel, Caesars and BetMGM. And the reality is that it’s tough to go wrong with any of those.
What might make the most sense is claiming the welcome bonuses from each one that launches in the state and giving all of them a try. It also allows you to do some line shopping.
Is BetRivers legal in Kansas?
BetRivers Kansas has yet to receive approval to operate in the state, but the fact that Kansas is in the process of legalizing sports betting means that day could be coming. If that happens, bettors will need to be at least 21 years old and located in the state whenever they place a bet.
BetRivers Kansas FAQ
When you join BetRivers and use the code PLAYRIV, the sportsbook will match your first deposit at a rate of 100% up to $500. See above for more details.
You’ll need to be 21 or older to wager at any legal sportsbook in Kansas.
Although the app is undeniably handy for mobile betting, you don’t have to use it. The BetRivers website is available by mobile browser, as well.
While BetRivers doesn’t charge you when you make a withdrawal, your payment processor might. Check beforehand if that concerns you.
While BetRivers is legal in a number of states, it has individual sportsbook apps for each one. So if you usually wager in Colorado with the BetRivers Colorado app, you’d need a new app to wager at BetRivers in Pennsylvania.